Sunday, November 28, 2010

Good Friends + Good Movie = Good Times

Last night me and.... Get ready... Iris, Alexis, Tiffany, Janae, Yuri, Luis, Samuel, Marcial, Hector, and Dragity went to see Burlesque. It was kinda random that when we got into the theatre it was a full house, yet there was one row of prime seating that was completely open and ready for all of us just file right on into.
THE MOVIE
TWO THUMBS UP! And if I had more thumbs I'd give them more. I'm glad to say that Christina's acting debut was on point. But I will say the same thing about Beyonce in her first acting roles, she played a great singer cause she is one. Next I would like to see her in a non-singing acting role. With that tho, it didn't work for Britney to be a singer in her big screen debut, so it doesn't ALWAYS work out that well.
The costumes, hot like fire. I liked they were simple, they got the point across but I did still believe that Tess could have been in the back hot gluing pieces of them together.
The boy, umm hello! Yes honey give me a cookies, I don't know if that was product placement, which I'm sure it was, but I loved Famous Amos cookies before and after tonight I'm ready to buy some stock.
Tess, oh my Tess, I don't think it needs to be said, but Cher can do no wrong. Cher is the one person I connected with the most. I know a few things about the stress of managing some out of control vixens. As Cher once said "I've had a lot of practice."
I'm an emotional watcher, I teared up throughout the film. Just as much as I found myself filled with excitement after the stage numbers and saying "WERK BITCH."
I cannot wait for the DVD!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


No comments:

Post a Comment