Monday, November 29, 2010

CONNECTED

As you can probably tell by now I'm a pretty tech savvy person, which is probably an understatement. As I was looking around on facebook this morning I occurred to me that there are so many features on that site that go unused because people are just so unaware. Because let's face it most, ok some, of the folks on there are just there to be there. You know to be able to say they have a facebook. Which is cute, and "A" for effort but I would like more people to participate! And I say participate as in engaging, checking mail, grrrrrr and check your damn invites. And not only check them, respond to them, that's what they were sent to you for.
YouTube, I fricken love YouTube! Not only as a youtuber but as a consumer. I have found myself completely engaged in some peoples videos. Surprise surprise YouTube is not just a place for viral videos, like my videos, YouTube is also a place to where some people go to express themselves in video form, but what are they doing in those videos? Some are singing, some are acting, some are yappin (me), some are telling tales that they can't share with anyone else in their own world. Why?
I can tell you from my personal usage that in front of that camera I feel free? Yes I question mark it because I'm not sure that free is the word either, but there is just something about being able to say some shit without interruption about whatever it is on the brain. They are a video version of what your reading now. Although I think I usually get deeper during my typed blogs vs. my video blogs. And now that I can actually blog there I anticipate there being more deep ish on the blog, not 100% but more often than not. While typing I feel free-er than in front of the camera. And let me just be real honest, they are much less time consuming to put together, lol.
Overall I just wish people as were as connected as I am, okay wait, that might be a bit much, cause even I know I'm over connected, let's say... If everyone was half as connected as I am, life would be so much easier.
CONNECT PEOPLE!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment